CFEngine Copy ignore syntax

From: Geoff Davis
Subject: CFEngine Copy ignore syntax
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 11:37:38 -0700

Hi all,

I've been googling furiously but haven't found the answer to this one yet:

I'm trying to use the ignore parameter to the copy command, but I can't find a decent reference on the syntax to that ignore parameter. What I'm looking for specifically is how to ignore subdirectories several levels down.

Take the case:

copy:
   $(masterfiles)/foo
       dest=$(destdir)/foo
      recurse=inf

What I'd like to do is ignore foo/appname/data. I could do something like this:

copy:
   $(masterfiles)/foo
      dest=$(destdir)/foo
      ignore=data
      recurse=inf

But that would have the side effect of also ignoring foo/ some_other_appname/data

So I tried to do this but it didn't work:
copy:
   $(masterfiles)/foo
      dest=$(destdir)/foo
      ignore=appname/data
      recurse=inf

I also tried prepending $(masterfiles)/foo/ and then $(destdir)/foo/ to the path on the ignore line in an effort to get a fully qualified path, but I still was unsuccessful.

What do I need to do to get this to work?

Thanks,
Geoff