Re: module macros are expanded too late - was Determining Solaris patch

From: rader
Subject: Re: module macros are expanded too late - was Determining Solaris patch revisions
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 07:20:36 -0500

 > From: "Martin, Jason H"
 > If you are having problems with your module's classes and actions being
 > set too late, try putting it in a PrepModule line. That causes it to
 > happen at parse time.

I have the module HasSL which returns +sl3 on ScientificLinux
3.x boxes and...

 control:
   addinstallable = ( sl3 )
   actionsequence = ( module:HasSL ... shellcommands )
 import:
   sl3:: sl3.conf
 [in sl3.conf...]
 shellcommands:
   sl3:: "/bin/echo hallo from sl3"

doesn't work.  Seems like the module's class is defined too
late for import: (but early enough for shellcommands, btw)
so I tried...

 control:
   addinstallable = ( sl3 )
   actionsequence = ( ... shellcommands )
 classes:
   sl3 = ( PrepModule(HasSL,"noargs") )
 import:
   sl3:: sl3.conf
 [in sl3.conf...]
 shellcommands:
   sl3:: "/bin/echo hallo from sl3"

and that doesn't work either... and I also tried

 bogus = ( PrepModule(HasSL,"noargs") )

I must be missing something obvious?  How does my usage differ
from those who have it working??

(Yes, I know this is an obtuse example.  It pre-dates 2.1.14 which
autodefines the scientific* classes.)

steve
- - -
systems & network manager