RE: Optimizing large copies

From: Brian E. Seppanen
Subject: RE: Optimizing large copies
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:35:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005, Martin, Jason H wrote:

I've used forced command before, but not with rsync. Do you have any
examples?

One thing that you might be interested in is google for rsync + stunnel howto. I use that type of setup to mirror filesystems between two systems seperated by several states, and the rsync simply updates when things are changed, so it doesn't copy all that much data. In my situation that does mean that I can only commit changes on one host, because changes to the other will be overwritten. Maybe something like that would work for you?

my .02

Brian Seppanen
608.826.1464