RE: Optimizing large copies

From: Martin, Jason H
Subject: RE: Optimizing large copies
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 12:14:53 -0700

That is an interesting idea.  It will satisfy the security-in-transit
requirements pretty nicely. That just leaves compiling OpenSSL, stunnel,
and rsync for multiple version of HPUX/Solaris/Linux and getting it all
working reliably. Not the ideal situation, but it may work.

Note that CFEngine isn't copying all that much data on any particular
run either, its just the operation to check if it *should* copy the data
that is taking a long time.

Thank you,
-Jason Martin