Re: absolute path errors in 2.1.16

From: Chip Seraphine
Subject: Re: absolute path errors in 2.1.16
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 09:35:57 -0500

I also had errors with variables not expanding in some of my shellcommands, which caused all manner of havoc on my systems (both Sol and Linux). I have rolled back to 2.1.15.

I think there might be something broken in the variable-parsing stuff.

Martin, Jason H wrote:

Another workaround is to just add / before the $. Double /'s doesn't
seem to hurt anything. It does seem that the check should happen after
macro expansion though.

-Jason Martin