Cfagent 'module-mode' suggestion

From: Martin, Jason H
Subject: Cfagent 'module-mode' suggestion
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 12:59:24 -0700

I was thinking that it would be handy of cfengine had a 'module-mode'
whereby it would emit all of the true classes and macro definitions in
the same manner as a module. Particularly, it could be called as a
sub-feature of --parse.

The idea would be that I have some other scripts that could query
cfengine for information about the host so as to not have to reimplement
the same checks, or to gather system information that has been encoded
as cfengine class definitions.

It would also be nice if this output could optionally be directed to a
file.

Thank you,
-Jason Martin