RE: No reliable outputs in 2.1.15 ?

From: David Masterson
Subject: RE: No reliable outputs in 2.1.15 ?
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 11:23:37 -0700

Alexander Jolk wrote:
> David Masterson wrote:
>> My assumption was that
>> cfengine would print out something every time it decided it needed
>> to do a copy (which "force=true" would mandate).
>
> It doesn't; if you want it to, include `inform=true' into your copy
> stanza.

I don't see that option in the copy section of the reference document, but I
do see it as "Inform=(on)" in the control section.  Used to be that I could
read cfparse.y and cflex.l to understand the grammar, but it's gotten too
complex over the years.  Looks like the documentation needs some work.

Are you sure that "inform=true" can be added to the copy stanza?

--
David Masterson
VMware, Inc.