Re: Tiered admins with cfengine / dual control

From: Adams, Russell L.
Subject: Re: Tiered admins with cfengine / dual control
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:15:40 -0500

Actually, I use a module... I don't use copy, I download mine via
http.

However, it shouldn't be too difficult to separate out the sig check
step to work with a copy procedure.

What would happen is first you copy from central to a local cache, and
then do your sig check. If it passes, then you update your inputs
directory from the local cache.

Since I download a signed tarball, for a central copy it'd be easier
to create a single signed checksum file (ie: md5sum for everything in
your master inputs), and then check that file and its contents.

Russell