Re: cfengine:: put failed

From: christian pearce
Subject: Re: cfengine:: put failed
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 10:01:14 -0400

Here is the scenario.

Solaris 9, running 2.1.15 from blastwave.  It is an orcale server.

It runs fine for about a day.  Then all the sudden the box fills up
with cfagent processes.  I run it by hand and get the error below.  It
just sits there never finishing.

MakePath(/var/cfengine/inputs)
cfengine:: put failed
 cfengine:: db->put: Unknown error

cfengine:: Unable to lock
last.cfagent_conf..directories._var_cfengine_inputs___4662

I want to make a side note.  I added MaxCfengine to the main context.
But not the update context.  Either way since it isn't able to write
out a lock or a count this feature is utterly useless and fails to
prevent the machine from being overloaded.  Maybe we could consider a
special file to write this number too?  Food for thought.

I really don't have any idea as to what could be causing this.  Any
help would be appreciated.  I looked at the archives and found one
other person referencing this problem, but no follow ups.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-cfengine/2004-11/msg00137.html

--
Christian Pearce
Perfect Order, Inc.