Re: Upgrading CFE with CFE

From: rader
Subject: Re: Upgrading CFE with CFE
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:02:16 -0500

 > I thought the most people used statically linked binaries of all the
 > cfengine executables, and put them in /var/cfengine/bin and copied
 > them down from a central location with their configuration.
 >
 > You then may need to trigger a restart of cfexecd.

That's the most KISS way?

This stuff in update.conf...

  copy:
    $(cf_install_dir)/cfservd dest=$(workdir)/bin/cfservd
      mode=755 backup=false type=checksum
      define=restart_cfservd

  shellcommands:
    restart_cfservd::
      "/etc/init.d/cfservd stop"
      "/etc/init.d/cfservd start"

...has worked nicely for us.  YMMV, of course: it'll need
tweaking for systems that don't use SVR4-type Unix startup
scripts in /etc/init.d.

steve
- - -
systems & network manager