problem with 2.1.17 - "still waiting for rule"

From: Jeff Sheltren
Subject: problem with 2.1.17 - "still waiting for rule"
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 07:58:38 -0400

Hi, I'm having a problem with 2.1.17. Specifically, I have a class listed under 'tidy:' which only gets defined when /var is low on space:

cleanVAR::
/var/tmp pat=* recurse=inf age=1 rmdirs=sub links=tidy dirlinks=delete

Now, even though 'cleanVAR' is not being defined, cfagent is making extra passes, apparently waiting for that command.

Main Tree Sched: editfiles.Final pass 4 @ Sat Oct 29 04:47:54 2005

                  New temporary class additions
                  --------( Pass 4 )-------
                             Final
Still waiting for rule:: Tidy </var/tmp>

Main Tree Sched: shellcommands.Final pass 4 @ Sat Oct 29 04:47:54 2005

                  New temporary class additions
                             Final
Still waiting for rule:: Tidy </var/tmp>

Main Tree Sched: files pass 4 @ Sat Oct 29 04:47:54 2005

Saving the setuid log in /var/cfengine/cfagent.hell.log
Still waiting for rule:: Tidy </var/tmp>

That same thing happens over and over again starting in pass 2. Under 2.1.16 this never happened. Also, if I change the 'cleanVAR' class above to be '!any' the same thing happens (keeps waiting for rule:: Tidy) </var/tmp>). If I set the class to be 'any', then the tidy of /var/tmp happens and cfagent exits after pass 1.

Is there something wrong with my tidy command, or is this a bug? I would assume that when the class is not defined cfagent would simply ignore the tidy statement, so I'm confused where the "still waiting for rule" is coming from.

Thanks,
Jeff