Re: LISA 2005 and cfengine announcement

From: Ed Brown
Subject: Re: LISA 2005 and cfengine announcement
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 13:11:20 -0700

On Sun, 2005-11-06 at 12:14, Mark Burgess wrote:
> CFENGINE ANNOUNCEMENT
>
> I would like to announce some events of interest to cfengine users and
> potential developers in connection with the USENIX LISA 05 conference in
> San Diego. http://www.usenix.org/lisa05

In addition to the tutorials and cfengine and configuration management
discussions that Mark listed, there will also be another mini-event, for
prospective users of cfengine, especially those with short (or
over-taxed!) attention spans.

There is a new track this year called 'Hit the Ground Running': 15
minute talks intended to cut to the chase on what you need to know to
get started with various tools or applications.  Or, as the USENIX
organizers put it:
(see <http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa05/htg.html>)

"OK, here are the top 5 things you have to know to get started with
topic x. Here are the acronyms you'll encounter, here are the two basic
concepts, and here are some good Web sites and books you'll want to look
at to get deeper into this topic."

Check it out, sometime during the Wednesday slot between 4 and 5:30pm,
if you'd like some quick tips on using cfengine for the first time.

thanks,
Ed