Re: packages "bug"

From: Brendan Strejcek
Subject: Re: packages "bug"
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 20:22:54 -0600

Mark Burgess wrote:

> Brendan you have

> i.e. the "do part" is the same in both cases, so both defines would
> always be true, except that cfengine thinks (rightly I believe)
> that it is unnecessary to do the same thing twice, so only one gets
> defined. There are no other classes that I can see...

One says: if bash is installed, define the class "foo". The other says:
if bash is installed, define the class "bar" (class names changed from
the example above for clarity). Since foo != bar, they are not the same
thing, and should not be treated as such by locks.

The practical downside to the current behavior is that, as an admin
interacting with a collection of cfengine policy files, to be able to
use one of the above class definitions with certainty, I have to examine
every other imported file and make sure someone else is not defining a
different class based on the same package.

Best,
Brendan

--
Senior System Administrator