Re: convergence and undoing changes

From: Frank Smith
Subject: Re: convergence and undoing changes
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 15:04:53 -0600

The only problem (or feature, depending on your situation) with
the empty entire file approach is that it precludes local edits
of the file.

Frank

Zeev Fisher wrote:
Hi,

I've raised this issue on this post:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-cfengine/2004-07/msg00113.html

In order to eliminate the "reversion botch" and keep the environment
equal I'm trying to avoid editing files based on current patterns. I
always tell cfengine to empty the file and insert needed lines.

If current file is exactly the same as the result of the editfile action
, cfengine doesn't do anything.

Zeev