Re: Setting ownership of home directories

From: Atom Powers
Subject: Re: Setting ownership of home directories
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 12:52:51 -0800

Mark,

This is great, except that my list is too large; and the max size
seems to be hard-coded.

####
control:
        users = ExecResult(/bin/ls -C /usr/home/ | /usr/bin/perl -pe
's/(\w+)\W+/\1:/g')
####

Results in:
####
cfengine:: Buffer exceeded 1024 bytes in exec
####

On 11/25/05, Mark Burgess <Mark.Burgess@iu.hio.no> wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 11:55 -0800, Atom Powers wrote:
> > I want to be able to set the owner/group of a directory based on the
> > name of the directory. An example of this would be making user1 the
> > owner of /home/user1 and user2 the owner of /home/user2.
> >
> > It isn't practical to list every directory as a seperate "files"
> > block. How can I set ownership by directory name using cfe?
>
> See docs
>
> http://www.cfengine.org/docs/cfengine-Reference.html#directories
>
>         control:
>
>        homedirs = ( mark:simen:luke:aeleen )
>
>      directories:
>
>        /home/$(listcontent) owner=LastNode

Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.
--Atom Powers--