NAT, and appliances...

From: Steve Brorens
Subject: NAT, and appliances...
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 21:59:58 +1300

I'm looking at using cfengine to manage and monitor a number of 'appliance' type boxes on a range of sites, but I'm concerned that I may have probelms with NAT and DNS issues,

Anyone used cfengine where:

 - the managed systems are behind NAT-type firewalls
 - DNS may be 'odd' (they're Linux systems configured onto Windows networks, and their DNS names might be someting like box.internal.acme.com or box.local or box.acme.local - conventions at different customers will differ

Is this likely to cause problems?

How best to avoid probs?

 - steve

This e-mail has been scanned for Viruses and Content and cleared by CommArc Cube Server