RE: NAT, and appliances...

From: Steve Brorens
Subject: RE: NAT, and appliances...
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 09:35:26 +1300

I understand the arguments against NAT but in this case the client boxes
will be on customers sites - and 99.9% of them  use "internal" type DNS
naming, private IP ranges (192.168...) and NAT firewalls. In 50% or more
I won't have direct knowledge or control over the firewall configs -
will just be asking them to allow outward 5308 to the cfengine server.

If no-one else is using cfengine in anything like this environment then
I'm a bit reluctant to try :-)

 - steve