copy: directive

From: Brian C. Hill
Subject: copy: directive
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 15:43:49 -0800

        When copying a tree, how do I get cfengine to preserve the mode
of a file inside the tree as it found it? I have a file that is 640.
cfengine seems to copy it over to 600 and decide immediately afterwards
that the file should be 644.

        I am copying an entire tree for symplicity, and would rather
not have to explicitly specify the mode of each file, rendering the
single tree copy pointless.

        I looked at the documentation for copy and files over
and over again and don't see a way to handle this.

Brian