Re: Long standing copy bug?

From: Paul Krizak
Subject: Re: Long standing copy bug?
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 14:15:11 -0600

Agreed. I have run into this same situation, and finally just quit using the purge thingy since it was driving me insane and doing very odd things to my target respository.

Paul Krizak                         5900 E. Ben White Blvd. MS 625
Advanced Micro Devices              Austin, TX  78741
Linux/Unix Systems Engineering      Phone: (512) 602-8775
Microprocessor Solutions Sector

Adam M. Dunn wrote:
Yep, which is what I see too so the manual contradicts that. Since a purge is only supposed to happen on files that exist on the target but not
the source, and the manual says that using ignore with a purge will not
purge the file, then any ignore=file on a purge copy should skip those
files that exist on the target but not the source.

I think a Cfengine just needs to be fixed to work according that both
scenarios which would make the most sense to me.  If an ignore is defined,
it should truly ignore everything, source and destination, whether files
are there or not.

~a