order in which imports happen?

From: Steve Wray
Subject: order in which imports happen?
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 15:31:56 +1300

Hi there,

I've been seeing some strange effects when importing a file which then imports another file.

Eg.

cfagent.conf has this:
---
import:
   any::
      generic.cf
      home.cf
      files.cf
      directories.cf
      tidy.cf
      copy.cf

   PackagesUpdate::
      packages.cf

   DebconfUpdate::
      debconf.cf

   AptUpdate::
      aptconf.cf
---

generic.cf has:
---
control:
   any::

import:
   any::
      generic_vars.cf
      generic_files.cf
      generic_directories.cf
      generic_environment.cf
---

What I find is that when I run:
cfrun -- -DAptUpdate

the file generic_environment.cf gets imported *after* aptconf.cf which means that variables which are set in generic_environment.cf don't make it into aptconf.cf

I've had to resort to importing all of my generic*.cf directly in my cfagent.conf which makes it less maintainable and, well, ugly.

Any ideas how to force a set of files to be imported in the right order?

Or am I just being wrong-headed about this?

Thanks!

--
There is nothing more important to good government than good education.