two-tier design and SelectPartitionLeader

From: Jason Edgecombe
Subject: two-tier design and SelectPartitionLeader
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 19:29:34 -0500

Hi all,

Right now, I have a single cfengine server, but I'd like to move towards a two-tier model with a local server and a master server. I'd like some pointers on how to go about this.

How would I go about this without having lots of stanzas in the update.conf and cfagent.conf?

I was reading the manual and I suspect that SelectPartitionGroup/SelectPartitionLeader might be useful for this, but the documentation is sparse on it. Could I use this to set up a two-tier model, and if so, how?

Jason