Re: How to express 'svn add' in cfengine

From: Andreas J. Koenig
Subject: Re: How to express 'svn add' in cfengine
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 08:37:23 +0100

  > If I understand, you want to use cfengine to make sure your repository
  > contains some files from every host. But you also want to be able to
  > delete files from a repository, using cfengine?

  > You could build an svn.cf file with a shellcommands section for each
  > file or list of files; but that isn't very elegant or compact. And it
  > will probably produce numerous svn errors if the files have already
  > been added.

That's why I asked:)

  > I use SVN with cfengine, but cfengine only does a checkout from my
  > repository; I manage the repository by hand.

That's too easy, thanks.

  > Asking cfe to manage the repository for cfe just seems like a bad
  > idea.

It's not about "the repository for cfe", how come you think so?

In any case, it should not matter for who the repository is. I'd
specifically be interested in a compact/maintainable solution that
adds and deletes files from/to subversion based on simple lists.

If nobody has a suggestion, I'll write my own. This is a threat:)

--
andreas