copy w/failover clarification

From: Jason Edgecombe
Subject: copy w/failover clarification
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 14:17:11 -0500

Hi,

I have a question about the failover behavior of the copy command.

In the docs, it says that failover= defines a class that is defined if the copy fails, not a backup server, is this correct?

For example, would the following pseudocode work:

any::
copy file1 from server1 failover=failoverclass1

failoverclass1::
 copy file1 from server2 failover=failoverclass2

failoverclass2::
 copy from server3

Would the above pseudocode would walk through a list of servers (server1, server2, server3)?

I keep seeing people saying that failover only allows one backup server, which conflicts with my understanding of the failover functionailty. Which is the correct interpretation?

Sincerely,
Jason