Re: copy w/failover clarification

From: Tod Oace
Subject: Re: copy w/failover clarification
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 12:08:36 -0800

On Dec 23, 2005, at 11:43, christian pearce wrote:

Ah so that does work, sort of.  Yea I would like to have it continue
past the second server if the first one suceeds.  Do you see this
behavior documented anywhere?

The reference manual does say that Cfengine iterates over the server field ("Iterative expansion is currently restricted to:").T This isn't how I first interpreted it though. When I saw you could put a list of servers there I assumed it was for fail over. I still can't think of an application for pulling something from multiple servers. Anyone doing this? -Tod