RE: cfengine cronjob on pool of servers

From: Martin, Jason H
Subject: RE: cfengine cronjob on pool of servers
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 10:47:32 -0800

I don't think that is something CFE can really solve for you. Job
management of that nature is better done with something specific to the
task that can make a runtime decision about which hosts can run the job.
Something like OpenPBS, Torque (www.supercluster.org) or Tivoli Workload
Scheduler (http://www.ibm.com/software/tivoli/products/scheduler/)
would more appropriate. CFE can't decide for you which host should run a
cron job in the future when the availability of the hosts at runtime are
in doubt.

-Jason Martin