Re: Turn Off Use of Keys and Encryption

From: Jason Martin
Subject: Re: Turn Off Use of Keys and Encryption
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 14:16:56 -0500

On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 12:11:46PM -0600, Pletan, Ray wrote:
> We are implementing cfengine for post server build configuration. I
> would like to turn OFF  the use of keys and encryption  to do this.  I
> have been unable to discover how to do this. I have set the
> encrypt=false flag in my post build configuration files but cfengine
> still seems to require the use of keys.
The cfservd mechanism is linked to keys, you can't turn it off.
The best you could do is have trustkeysfrom set to allow all
hosts to be trusted, and periodically remove all the host keys
from the servers ppkeys directory. You can install the servers
key along with CFEngine so that the client already trusts the
server.

-Jason Martin

--
Mediocrity requires aloofness to preserve it's dignity
This message is PGP/MIME signed.