Cfengine for Monitoring ????

From: Friendly Tourney
Subject: Cfengine for Monitoring ????
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 14:47:47 -0800 (PST)

Hi Folks,
I am using Cfengine on a bunch of linux boxes, everything is working great. I can push changes etc , it is wonderful. I am also using the "freespace" function for tracking diskspace usage on all the linux machines.
I was wondering if i can leverage cfengine to monitor cpu usage, memory usage etc. I realise that,it is not designed to be Network MONITORING Tool.
What is a good approach, do i use mrtg along with cfengine ? Any ideas from users with large setups ?
Ofcourse , i can use sar, top, vmstat, iostat etc on the linux box and use the stats from that data via cfengine , but that will involve a lot of work to make gui's etc.
Many Thanks
spk

Yahoo! Photos