failed update results in 0-byte update.conf

From: Robert Helmer
Subject: failed update results in 0-byte update.conf
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 23:04:44 -0800

Hello,

I have been expanding my use of cfengine lately, and had the
situation happen twice when some server fails to update (I think
that it's too busy) and outputs the following:

cfengine:: Transmission refused or failed statting
/var/cfengine/masterfiles/inputs/update.conf

Now update.conf is 0-bytes, so of course cfagent no longer does anything
useful on that server.. is there a way to prevent or workaround this?
I am surprised that Cfengine doesn't write to a temp file first ala rsync.

The clients I have seen this on run Cfengine 2.1.15 on Solaris.

Thanks,
Rob