authentication issues

From: Alex Laslavic (Lenox)
Subject: authentication issues
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:32:09 -0500

Maybe someone can shed some light on this:

When running cfagent -v on the client machine, its gets the error
message below:

Server returned error:  Host authentication failed. Did you forget the
domain name or IP/DNS address registration (for ipv4 or ipv6)?

So far I have:
-Verified All keys are happy
-Further verified keys using strace and tcpdump (I see an 'OK: key
accepted' message)
-Edited /etc/hosts to resolve the fqdn of all machines (no DNS yet, so I
have to use /etc/hosts for the moment)
-Made sure the domain returned by gethostbyaddr() on the server is the
same as the domain hardcoded in cfagent.conf
        domain = ( domain.com )

So, umm, now I am not sure what to check.  Any clues?

Thanks,

~alex