troubles with process handling

From: Guillaume Rousse
Subject: troubles with process handling
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 11:01:59 +0100

I'd like to manage process on clients to make sure some processes are
running, and some others are not. I don't want to send processes signals
directly, I prefer to use system service scripts, so as to take care of
lock file, etc... I once used restart facility, allowing to launch a
shell command, but only if a signal was not found, thus unable to deal
with shutting down processes.

I tries to use the define and elsedefine facilities, in a similar manner
as I do for managing installed packages. However, it appears to trigger
errors in cfengine.

The following syntax:
"sshd" elsedefine=need_start_sshd

triggers the following error message:
Insufficient or incomplete processes statement

I tested it with cfengine 2.1.12 and 2.1.15.
--
Any lock finish or style that you have with you will not match the rest
of the hardware in the building