Inform Option for Packages

From: Brian E. Seppanen
Subject: Inform Option for Packages
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 08:29:46 -0500 (EST)

Are there any thoughts to including an inform option to packages? For the most part I'm using 2.1.13. Sometimes I'd like to check what version of a package is available without performing any action. I recently used shellcommands to send an email based on the class that was defined, but the shellcommand triggered a second run and so I got double the output.

Something that would just print the evaluation of the packages statement?

Thanks,

Brian Seppanen
608.826.1464