proto.c usage of sockaddr_in6 for Mac OS X platform

From: Veronica Siu-Suen Law
Subject: proto.c usage of sockaddr_in6 for Mac OS X platform
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 08:47:39 -0800

Hi there,

I have previously submitted an inquiry about an issue with CFengine 2.1.18 built on Mac OS 10.4.3 but didn't hear any response.  I thought to try resending it.

On line 66 of proto.c, a variable was set to sockaddr_in6.  When compiled under Mac OS 10.4.3, this code had a problem and it complained it didn't have a member.  I checked the codes in sockaddr.c and found that there are exception clauses regarding the Darwin platform with sockaddr_in6.  Could that be the problem?

Does anyone else ran into this issue?  I have to set the variable in proto.c to sockaddr_in to get the code complied.

Veronica
Veronica Siu-Suen Law

AMTI/NASA Ames
Moffett Field, CA 94035