Re: Can't stat (can't copy) problem

From: PAUL WILLIAMSON
Subject: Re: Can't stat (can't copy) problem
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 22:14:59 -0500

> On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 15:17 -0500, PAUL WILLIAMSON wrote:
>
> > If I run cfagent -v, I see all the "can't stat" error messages.
> > What can I do to fix this?
>
> This usually means the file is not there to be copied.  Carefully
> check the source path and filename and ownership/modes for
> the source location in your copy statement.  If you left out
> the 'server=...' parameter in the copy statement, then
> cfagent is trying to copy from that location on the local
> machine.

Checked and doubled checked.  None of the copy stanzas
are working, all are relatively similar...

       /opt/cfg2html                   dest=/opt/cfg2html
                                                owner=root
                                                mode=744
                                                type=sum
                                                purge=true
                                                recurse=inf
                                                server=$(policyhost)

policyhost is defined as the non-FQDN server name.
domain is defined in the control section as well.

The /opt/cfg2html is populated with a bunch of
files and a directory.  /opt/cfg2html exists as either a
symlink or physical directory on most hosts.  Some
don't have either.

Paul