autodefining classes of copied files

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: autodefining classes of copied files
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 16:46:41 +0100

Hi all,

I'm wondering if it is possible to refer to (sub)classes of copied classes automatically, without having to define something_copied explicitely for each file. Instead of defining multiple copy actions for different parts of managed files, with each defining its own class on success, I'd love to be able to define a single copy action that would take care of managing the state of a directory tree, and use automatically defined classes depending on what was actually copied, a la copied_etc_apt_sources_list.

Is that possible with current cfengine, with AutoDefine for example? Otherwise I'd have to resort to parsing verbose cfagent logs, which does not sound like much fun.

cheers,
dalibor topic