Process filters and warnings

From: Urie, Todd
Subject: Process filters and warnings
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 12:58:56 -0500

The below is an excerpt from a cfagent.conf file that I am testing.  This is my
first attempt at using cfengine.  I am trying to setup the config so that it
warns me if the cron proc is not running.  For some reason, if I include the
signal=kill option, it appears to work, but if that is removed, then it does
not.  I would expect a warning if the signal= option is absent.

What am I missing?

control:
         actionsequence = ( processes )
         domain         = ( blackrock.com )
         sysadm         = ( root@locahost )
         inform         = ( on )
         warnings       = ( on )
filters:
         #*********************************************
         # Process filter aliases
         #*********************************************
         { pcron
                Owner:          "root"
                 Command:        "/usr/sbin/cron"
  #               PPID:           "1"
                  Result:         "Owner.Command"
  #               Result:         "Owner"
          }
processes:
         #---------------------------------------------
         # All hosts must be running these proces
         #---------------------------------------------
         any::
                 "." filter=pcron action=warn signal=hup

Todd Urie
Unix Admin
Blackrock Financial Mgmt
302-797-6039

THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENT MAY BE PRIVILEGED,
CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED FROM DISCLOSURE. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this message and any attachment
notify us immediately by replying to the message and permanently delete it from
your computer and destroy any printout thereof.