Re: a more specific question

From: Ed Brown
Subject: Re: a more specific question
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 14:17:22 -0700

On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 12:49 -0800, paul beard wrote:
>  What seems to be happening is that if I specify a class that isn't in
> my cfengine binary's understanding, the script exits without doing
> anything. For instance, if I want permissions changed on a file in the
> freebsd class and only use that class in cfagent.conf, it works. If I
> add a stanza for linux systems, the freebsd changes don't get made.

Your configuration files and cfagent output (either verbose or debug
modes) are the key to getting useful feedback, else you get guesses or
questions for more info.

> In the process of breaking this down, I somehow mucked up key
> exchanges/authentication, but perhaps that's just as well, to keep me
> from getting ahead of myself.

Right, that's why getting cfagent running on the policy server first is
a good first step: it takes network and key exchange issues [mostly] out
of the picture.

-Ed