Re: a more specific question

From: paul beard
Subject: Re: a more specific question
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 13:57:57 -0800

On Feb 7, 2006, at 1:17 PM, Ed Brown wrote:

What seems to be happening is that if I specify a class that isn't in
my cfengine binary's understanding, the script exits without doing
anything. For instance, if I want permissions changed on a file in the
freebsd class and only use that class in cfagent.conf, it works. If I
add a stanza for linux systems, the freebsd changes don't get made.

Your configuration files and cfagent output (either verbose or debug
modes) are the key to getting useful feedback, else you get guesses or
questions for more info.

I ran the commands again with the -k flag to ignore locks and it worked. Altered the files permissions, ran cfagent w/o the -k and it worked again.

To repeat an action with the expectation of a different result is alleged to be insanity but what about when it works? ;-)

--
Paul Beard
contact info: www.paulbeard.org/paulbeard.vcf

Are you trying to win an argument or solve a problem?