Re: Build a file with serveral time the same sequence

From: Etienne Chove
Subject: Re: Build a file with serveral time the same sequence
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 16:47:21 +0100

On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 04:25:20PM +1100, Tim Nelson wrote:
>       We'll need a little more information before we can help, such as:
> -     Do you want to generate this on the server, or on each client
> -     Assuming you want it on the server, do you want a bunch of these
>       entries in the one file, or do you want them in separate files for
>       each server?

I have a main server (green), wich have 3 replicat (blue, red, yellow).
The 3 replicat are in the cfengine group 'replicat'.

On the server 'green', I've to generate a unique file with theses lines :

"""
define server blue.localdomain
type replicat
auth ssl /path/to/ssl/blue.ssl

define server red.localdomain
type replicat
auth ssl /path/to/ssl/red.ssl

define server yellow.localdomain
type replicat
auth ssl /path/to/ssl/yellow.ssl
"""

I'd like to generate this file with cfengine, so if I want to add a
replicat, I add it in the group 'replica' and cfengine generate the main
server config and install the service on the replica.

Thanks.

--
Etienne