Re: Testing for file age

From: David E. Nelson
Subject: Re: Testing for file age
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 10:01:50 -0600 (CST)

Hi John,

Hmmm, good question. 'tidy:' seems to be the only fuction that uses 'age='. So, how about this: go ahead and delete slocate.db since it is going to be rebuilt in a matter of minutes anyways? Your users may balk at this if they use 'locate' very regularly 24x7.

tidy:

    any.Hr02::  # Update slocate.db at 2AM if older than 4 days.

        /var/lib/slocate
            pattern=slocate.db
            age=4
            type=mtime # access time is used by default
            define=run_updatedb

shellcommands:

    any.run_updatedb::

        "/usr/bin/updatedb"

- or -

Hmmm, I can't get filters -> FromMtime to work (2.1.14). But this might an option, too.

Good luck,
         /\/elson