cfengine with only 64MB of RAM

From: Jason Edgecombe
Subject: cfengine with only 64MB of RAM
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 16:28:17 -0500

Hi all,

I was curious how much RAM cfengine uses regularly. I'm writing a proposal to buy NAS devices instead of more expensive options. I'm specifically looking at the Kuro box http://www.revogear.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=KUROBOXSTND&Show=TechSpecs

The base model has 64MB of RAM, would cfagent be comfortable with that? If we get a few of these things, I would like to use cfengine to manage them. Heck, they might make handy cfengine servers.

Any opinions?

Anyone used cfengine or some other cheap/OSS tools to manage NAS devices?

I'm looking for affordable storage options, and a SAN looks too expensive.

BTW, I work at a state-owned University.

Thanks,
Jason