Re: Using cfengine to manage /etc/apt/preferences

From: Robert Lazzurs
Subject: Re: Using cfengine to manage /etc/apt/preferences
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:33:15 +0000

On 2/20/06, Robert Lazzurs <lazzurs@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am having trouble finding a way to manage the apt pin preferences
> file from cfengine (/etc/apt/preferences)

(Sorry about the above post, gmail and opera do not work well together
it appears)

I current have a few classes defined for each application 'pool' eg
app_mysql5 for servers that require mysql 5 and app_php4 for servers
that require php 4.

However for this to work I need to change the pin priority for the
repos that these apps come from as below.

Package: *
Pin: release c=php4
Pin-Priority: 1001

Package: *
Pin: release c=mysql5
Pin-Priority: 1001

I would like to find some way to manage this through cfengine, however
I cannot find a solution yet and was wondering if any one on this list
could provide a suggestion.

Kind regards,