Re: cfrun question

From: Jason Edgecombe
Subject: Re: cfrun question
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 20:32:56 -0500

weiler@pmc.ucsc.edu wrote:
Hi ya'll-

First, thanks much for the help and advice already given to me on this
list, it's been invaluable!  I'm almost sorted with my entire cfengine
setup for my network of 300+ clients, and the last thing to get working
is cfrun.

My question in this.  I know you can force a cfrun on one host at a
time, IF that host is listed in the cfrun.hosts.  But is there a way to
define classes (we have a nifty cf.groups file with all kinds of group
definitions) and just run cfrun on a specified class only?  Like, if I
have a group called "webservers" with 5 hosts as members of that group,
could I do something crafty like:

% cfrun -v webservers

or something like that to ONLY force a cfagent run on those hosts only?