Re: dir perm on /var/cfengine keeps getting reset to 755

From: stucky
Subject: Re: dir perm on /var/cfengine keeps getting reset to 755
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 14:01:35 -0800

I don't use cf.preconf. In fact I don't use any cf. type files. I have cfservd on the server and cfexecd on all clients.
They pull the latest cfagent.conf plus some cfengine related binaries via update.conf every hour and run it. The cfengine server doesn't push anything.
I have everything in cfagent.conf and a small update.conf of course - that's the only 2 files I use.
As I said this has been working great for me except that little permission thing. I'm pretty sure the perms get changed during
the update phase - wherelse would it happen ? There is nothing else running that would adjust the /etc/hosts file.

On 3/17/06, Jason Martin <jhmartin@toger.us> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 10:52:09AM -0800, stucky wrote:
> I had sent this before but maybe I was a little fast cause my list
> enrollment confirmation hadn't come in yet.
> Now I'm thinking the stuff got lost so I'm sending it again.
> Sorry if it shows up twice.

Is cf.preconf resetting the dir permissions?
-Jason Martin
--
This message is PGP/MIME signed.

--