RE: dns resolution timeouts

From: KELLY BROWN
Subject: RE: dns resolution timeouts
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 09:55:19 -0800 (PST)

I can get to my cfengine server from the interface that has the ip address in dns on it.  That's why I just want to completely ignore the other interface, it doesn't need it.  Adding entries for the hosts file would be cumbersome as the ip addresses on that interface change frequently.

Eli Stair <estair@ilm.com> wrote:

I've seen mention of adding functionality to CFE in the future to assign it to an interface to use, but a quickie in your case may be to just add a static route to the IP of your cfengine server and adding its entry in /etc/hosts.

/eli