cfexecd question

From: Brian E. Seppanen
Subject: cfexecd question
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 10:06:05 -0500 (EST)

This is a question that I should have asked long ago, because I've just been operating under an assumption that could possibly be wrong.

When cfexecd -F is run from cron does it first execute update.conf and then run cfagent.conf after that?

I guess the reason I ask is that in my update.conf I included the following

actionsequence  = ( copy shellcommands)

shellcommands:
        any::
        "/var/cfengine/sbin/cfagent -i /var/cfengine/inputs/cfagent"

I'm trying to sort out if that is a redundancy that I can eliminate. I'm in the process of testing it without the shellcommands actionsequence in update.conf, but I was wondering how it is intended to work.

Thanks,

Brian Seppanen
608.826.1464