multiple netmask settings

From: Brian C. Hill
Subject: multiple netmask settings
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 20:31:07 -0700

        cfengine doesn't seem like the netmask being set more than once,
and AllowRedefinitionOf doesn't change that (netmask or cfnetmask).

        I want to have 255.255.255.0 be global, but be overriden on
certain subnets.  Let's say I have 20 networks, but only 3 of them have
a netmask other than the 255.255.255.0 one. If I could simply override
in those cases, I'd only need 4 netmask statements instead of 20 of them:

control:

any::
        netmask = ( 255.255.255.0)

10_10_10::

        (some other stuff, but no special netmask)

10_10_20::

        netmask = ( 255.255.254.0)

10_10_30::

        (some other stuff, but no special netmask)

... etc

        I know I could something like setting another class to be true
when the netmask is set for a particular subnet, and then not setting
the netmask later on (globaly) when that flag is set. I am trying to
avoid all of that extra verbosity.

        Is there a way to do this that I a missing? And is that 'some way'
one that doesn't involve obtuse class combinatorics?

Thanks for any help!

Brian