Re: Pull file from remote servers and store on master cfengine server.

From: Brendan Strejcek
Subject: Re: Pull file from remote servers and store on master cfengine server.
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:17:53 -0400

On 9/20/06, Arkadi Colson <arc@elex.be> wrote:

I would like to pull one file from remote servers and copy it to the
master cfengine server. Can this be done? I know it works to distribute
files but is it possible to do it in the other way around?

Seems like this is a FAQ.

Short answer: run cfservd on all the clients that you need to pull
data from and write some code for cfagent to execute when running on
the server (using standard copy actions). The downside to this is that
your clients need to provide an extra service. Probably wise to
restrict access with host-based firewalls. Make sure to distribute
cfservd.conf files to the clients permitting access of the data to
your server. Or do something more complicated out of band, such as a
database connection or http request.

Let me know if any of that was too terse or not clear.

Best,
Brendan

--
http://praksys.blogspot.com