Repository behavior

From: lothian+cfengine
Subject: Repository behavior
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 08:22:25 -0500

So, I'm trying out the Repository variable with cfengine-2.1.21.  It
copies the .cfsaved files to the repository directory just fine.
However,  a .cfsaved file is still being left in the original directory.

The intent behind using the repository was to avoid problems like
changing a file in /etc/cron.daily/ (on a Redhat-ish machine), and
having a backup .cfsaved made which also gets executed.

Is this how the Repository functionality is supposed to work?  I know I
could do something like have a tidy: that cleans all the .cfsaved files
from /etc, but that seems like a hack.

-jkl