cfkey question

From: Brian E. Seppanen
Subject: cfkey question
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 15:16:45 -0500 (EST)

Is there any way that cfkey could be enhanced to take an optional argument to create a set of keys at an arbitrarily specified path location? Or is there a reason that this functionality should be exactly is it is?

The reason I ask: I'm in the process of trying to setup a bootstrapping new hosts with debian sarge using fai. Part of the install process I would like to being able to use ${target}/cfkey -f ${target}/var/cfengine/ppkeys to bootstrap a key on the new host for grabbing further data during the later install procedures. I do not want to reuse keys, but in the interim that will be what I have to do.

I'm currently using 2.1.20.

thanks,