Overwrite a link with a file?

From: Atom Powers
Subject: Overwrite a link with a file?
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 10:29:04 -0700

Still using cfengine 2.2.x
How can replace a link with a real file?

I used to have a link pointing to another file, which was identical.
--
/etc/file -> /usr/local/etc/file
--

I could solve this if I could delete /etc/file iff it was a link; but I haven't been able to figure out how to get cfe to do that.
Is there another way to solve this problem?

--
Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.
--Atom Powers--